For over a year I have been floating the idea of a conference on progressive youth ministry, and I’m pleased to say that this idea is finally coming together. I’ve been working with Tony Jones and Doug Pagitt (JoPa Productions) on a conference that we’ll host at Fourth Presbyterian Church in the spring of 2014.
My hope is that we will bring together the best youth ministry practitioners and scholars to describe what is unique about a progressive approach to youth ministry, and inspire those who already practice this kind of ministry or who feel called to do so. Think of this as the perfect storm of youth ministry, progressive theology, postmodern thought, post-Christendom reality checks, and the emerging church conversation.
As we work on the agenda for this conference, I want to know:
- What issues or topics do you think we should cover?
- What are your biggest questions about progressive youth ministry?
- Who would you most like to hear speak at a conference like this?
Latest posts by John W. Vest (see all)
- My New Year Resolution: the Joyful Feast - 12/31/2017
- Conciliation and Indignation - 12/13/2017
- Christians Who Endorse or Vote for Roy Moore are Idolatrous Heretics - 12/06/2017